Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Let Everyone Who is Faithful...Pray


Therefore, let everyone who is godly (faithful) pray to You in a time when You may be found; Surely in a flood of great waters they will not reach him.  You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah.… ~ Psalm 32:6

One of my absolute favorite parts of every week is going to my 6:30 a.m. prayer group and seeking the Lord while He may be found.  I have come to cherish this time dearly over the past 9 months.  I love the friendships we've built, the implicit trust that God is moving in each of our lives, and seeing results when we pray.  Cancerous tumors have been removed, diseases have been healed, jobs have been found, finances are provided, broken relationships restored and spiritual growth abounds.

Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners; but his delight is in the law of the Lord and in His law doth he meditate day and night.  And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, which yields its fruit in its season; his leaf shall not wither; and whatsoever he does shall prosper. ~Psalm 1:1-3

The power of agreement is strong. 

Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. 
~ Matthew 18:18-20

Each week, I leave the prayer group for the day lighter and brighter, confident that my strength is not my own and trusting in an all-knowing, all-powerful God who humbles Himself to call me His friend.  I stand in awe of what God has done and is doing in my life and yours.  Yes, yours.  You see, I pray over this blog and I trust that you, in reading this, will take away one word (or more) that blesses and transforms your life.  That you will run with the vision, do it, and that those around you will be intoxicated by the Love emanating from your life. 

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.  ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

I want to share with you some things God has done in my life recently, and I hope you will, likewise, let me know what He's doing in yours.  Some highlights:

*Made AWESOME women friends at the women's retreat this weekend

*Reconnected with some amazing, long-time faithful friends and I see the seeds of new friendships sprouting before my eyes

*I was at the right place at the right time when I ran into a new friend of mine.  I believe in my heart that conversation sparked a friendship that will last a lifetime.  (I do!)

*God got me my dream job! (as He promised), and God reassured me that what looked like an obstacle was actually an open door.  That nothing (time or distance or people) can separate us from God's love which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39).  That He holds our future and His plans for us are always good.  (Jeremiah 29:11)

*As of today, God has supernaturally provided all of my law school tuition (for three years!) AND Bar exam prep costs ==>DEBT FREE!!!  He has provided over $40,000 for this endeavor alone.  Romans 13:8 says ~ Owe no man anything but to love one another.  When God put on my heart to go to law school several years ago, I said, "God, if you want me to go to law school, then You're going to have to pay for it!"  Despite one professor telling me that going to law school debt free was impossible (bad idea to tell me that, by the way :-)  Sure enough, God has supplied all my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus - and not by my own efforts, but by His great grace alone. ~Philippians 4:19

*I rejoiced with my friend whose niece was miraculously healed from cancer after a long-fought battle.  She said the doctor's jaw dropped when he saw that there was, in fact, no cancer to operate on when she went in for surgery.

*One year ago my cousin was life-flighted out to Seattle for an emergency bone marrow transplant.  By the grace of God she lives, still kicks my butt on every hike we go on, and is preparing to return to work this month.

I stand in awe of God's grace and favor and mercy on my life. 

And they overcame him (the Devil) by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony...~ Revelation 12:11

God has reminded me lately that the power of testimony is strong, that we overcome the enemy by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of our Testimony.  What has He done in your life?  What are you thankful for today?  What's your testimony?


No comments: